Tuesday 6 April 2010

Week 11 - Widgets and Gadgets

As you can see from my newly gadgetted up blog, I've been playing! I added my Flickr Photostream, library-related news, my labels, a search box, and some perpetually hungry fish to my blog (just click the mouse in the fish tank to feed them)! I was impressed by the range of what was on offer, although most of the games I looked came with ads as an unwelcome bonus so I've avoided all those.

Meanwhile, my iGoogle page has evolved a bit. I've changed themes and removed/added gadgets, so it currently looks like this:



I found a couple of interesting Web 2.0 gadgets that may well prove useful for those in the library who want to take the 23 Things program further - The Edublogger and Mashable. Both link to useful information and hints and tips on using Web 2.0 technologies. I've also added BBC Radio, unfortunately no good for work (incompatible with staffing a reading room...) but very handy at home, and my del.icio.us which is currently a bit redundant as I usually have my del.icio.us bookmarks toolbar showing, but still, all in all a fairly Web 2.0 themed iGoogle page methinks!

No comments:

Post a Comment