Monday 22 March 2010

Week 8 - Twitter

Here I am on Twitter...

I've always avoided Twitter like the plague, and to be honest, I think in some respects I was justified. I certainly won't be using it to follow celebrities, and I am overloaded with social communication tools as it is! Phone, mobile, text, email, write, Facebook...sometimes I even see my friends too ;-) There just ain't room for Twitter in my virtual social life.

However, I was pleasantly surprised at how useful it seems to be for work related purposes. I was impressed by the way in which tweets can unfold like breaking news, and certainly reading through the #ox23 tweets and those relating to last week's Library Conference has been interesting and a good way to connect with fellow library staff. I like how Nuffield Library and Sainsbury Library are using it to update their followers/readers with information on new acquisitions as well as changes in opening times. All in all, more useful than I was expecting!

No comments:

Post a Comment