Monday 29 March 2010

Week 9 - Wikis

I love Wikipedia! Always my first port of call when needing to look up something up, at the very least it's a great starting point (just don't reference it in essays!), but usually it can solve age old mysteries such as 'what's the difference between an aardvark and an anteater?' all by itself! Most recently a quick Wikipedia pitstop managed to resolve a number of household disputes relating to the finer details of the Harry Potter books that no-one could recall, due to their sheer length and convoluted plotting, so praise be to the Wiki!

In library-related matters I signed up for the Web 2: Oxford Libraries wiki, lots of interesting stuff going on over there. It'll be really handy for us at the RSL once we start creating our own Web 2 resources. I practiced editting some pages, but as I couldn't find anything to change (and cos I was feeling a bit shy!) I didn't save anything. Still, I now know what to do for the future! I also registered for Wikipedia which was rather exciting. At the moment I can't think of anything that I'm expert enough on to make an entry for, but I'll let you know if I do!

No comments:

Post a Comment